I am not jumping ont he iPhone 4 bandwagon… I am eligible for an upgrade, but I am going to wait till September when my contract is up and explore other avenues.
I have thought long and hard about this, and my current thought is that I am going to switch from an iPhone to something else. Currently the Droid Incredible and the upcoming Droid X seems like the best candidates. I played with the Droid Incredible and it was really nice … snappy, intuitive, well designed, feels good… it’s not an iphone but that’s ok.
I love my iphone, but…
- i really hate at&t … they suck. it maybe surprising to allot of people but i do make calls on my phone, and drop calls and bad connections suck. i miss verizon, if they get iphone, then maybe i will get it.
- steve jobs suck. ok so i am a flash developer, but he talks up his ass … i think he is very evil. yes i think video should probably move to a more open standard, but that day is not now. js interactivity is impressive, but buggy, not vastly supported, and way behind what you can do in as3
- apple sucks … iphone is closed (ironically they are ok with a closed phone and want an open web) i hate that all my chargers don’t work on past devices… everything they have is really overpriced
- android is open, and looks really good… tethering wooho
- android phones are impressive as is … and more are coming. are they iphone killers, maybe not … are they as sexy as iphone, debatable, but maybe not … will i be ok without an iphone? i am pretty sure i will.
- i use google mail, voice, calendar… so makes sense for me to get a google phone
Maybe I will regret this decision … and I am not 100% sure I will just yet … but even though I love my phone and become dependent on it … I have hated the last 2 years of service and what apple has become. I think I will be just as happy with any good smart phone.